Ms. Ames has successfully worked with clients in the 65 industries listed below. Whether the client has won a Grammy, holds Chevalier status, or is newly graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree, she works on an one-to-one basis with the client to present the strongest case possible. (The Office’s victories include an 18-year O-1 applicant; an art consultant who has skills in six disciplines and recent undergraduate students, among others.)
Ms. Ames’ strategy to win her client’s case is based around five principles:
1. Being a responsive, conscientious and approachable attorney.
2. Communicating frequently with clients, whether in person, on Skype, phone or email, and striving for same day response.
3. Helping clients identify their professional/personal goals and creating a plan to achieve them that is consistent with their visa status.
4. Streamlining the visa process to efficiently compile the client’s case.
5. Yet, if Ms. Ames believes a client is not eligible for a visa category, she will suggest ways that the client may become qualified in the future, if possible.
Existing Client Base
For a variety of visas in the arts, employment, business, construction, investment, family and other areas, Ms. Ames has represented clients from around the world and their employers in the U.S., as follows:
Clients in the Arts:
Performance Arts: Visual Arts: Film and TV: Design:
Dancers Museums Directors IT Specialists
Choreographers Art Galleries Producers Architects & Engineers
Record Labels Curators TV Hosts Sound Engineers/Designers
Performance Artists Visual Artists Entertainment Law Firms Animators
Actors Tattoo Artists Agents New Media Artists
Comedians Installations Artists Talent Managers Graphic Designers
Musicians Art Appraisers Cinematographers Art Directors
Vocalist Photographers Voice-over Specialists Set Designers
Songwriters & Composers Screenwriters Stylists
Clients in Finance, Medical, Education and Others:
Finance: Medical: Education: Others:
Executives Surgeons Professors Chefs/Restaurateurs
Risk Management Physicians High Schools Fashion Models
Hedge Fund Managers Researchers Elementary Schools Brand Specialists
Venture Capitalists Speech Therapists Pre-Schools Equine Trainers
Investment Bankers Nurses Universities Organic Farmers
HR Specialist Health Care Attendants Arts Organizations Contractors
HR Marketers & Sales Yoga Specialists Conservatories Trades People
Accountants Homeopathic Healers Writers Housekeepers
Marketers Editors Religious Organizations
Musical Educators Child Advocates